Infiltrator82's Application

Go down

Infiltrator82's Application

Post by Infiltrator82 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 am

How long have you been playing Ace of Spades?
I believe I downloaded the game April 17th, 2011.

How would you rate your skills?
Overall, I'd rate myself as "Medium," but I don't believe that is an entirely accurate statement of my skill level.

I generally play at least two games a day, usually more. I play for 100 kills in most circumstances, however, if I'm not in a rush, I have no qualms playing a round longer.

I'm most skilled at mid-ranged combat with the Semi. I use a duplex sight and L85 skin for my Semi, and a P90 - FloatingDot (red dot) sight on my Submachinegun. If I find someone who tends to kill me more than I'm killing them, I try to evaluate their playing style to counter for my lack of skill - it's very interesting to compare my playing style with that of others.
My close quarters skills are decent with the rifle, but I've become quite profecient with my P90.

If I had to point to the weakest link in my skill, it would be sniping at the edge of the fog. The inaccuracy of the rifle (after the update, of course) is one of the most frustrating parts of the game, and I don't enjoy being "luckshotted" by anyone. I always try to effectively use cover as I move to the front.

I also like to consider myself an exceptional combat engineer. I have built only one large tactical structure, which was a sky bridge on the urban harbor map. It was 15+ blocks high, and stretched from the rear area of our side out over the edges of the water. It was sabotage proof, and since there was an admin on my team we easily kept the griefing down to a minimum. While I do take pride in taht one build, I strongly believe that most large structures are a waste of manpower. The best defences a team can have are small walls at intervals leading to the front. Smaller walls lead to more availible manpower and faster build and repair times, while still providing solid cover for the team.

Why do you think you would make a good addition to the clan?
I strongly believe that clans have, potentially, a very, very important role in AoS. While single players often can run the battlefield in random matches, a squad of soldiers communicating well can absolutely change the battlefield. I was considering making my own clan because, at the time of this post, I have seen no true tactical organization on the battlefield. I don't know if any of the clans have even tried doing anything strategic, because a) I have not been in any AoS clans and b) I don't particularly like the forums. I'm not advocating stiff standardization, but rather an experimentation as to how tactics can change the battlefield. I feel that I can bring my experience in this aspect to HK.

I've been gaming since I could hold a controller - I remember playing Crash Bandicoot on the original PlayStation when I was little. When I was about ten, I got my first online game, Star Wars: Empire at War, an RTS. I was fortunate enough to join the best clan in the game at the time, and I was taught the ropes. From there I've played Battlefields 1942, Vietnam, and 2142, Rome: Total War, Battlestations: Midway, Supreme Commander, Guild Wars, Minecraft, Face of Mankind, and WarRock. I joined clans/guilds in all the games I've played, and have contributed to the clan in any way I could - in 2142, I wrote a 30-page tactical manual for the clan, in Face of Mankind I served as a member of the Law Enforcement Department's High Command as the leader of the Earth Patrols Department, and in WarRock, I drew up assualt plans for different maps and coordinated clan matches as a senior officer.

Also, I have a second machine (AMD 64 Core2 Duo, 3GB RAM - my connection is ~13mbit) on which I may be able to run Ventrillo, TeamSpeak, Mumble, or another VOIP program. These dedicated programs are much, much better than skype. I would have to see how it affects the rest of my household (I'm 16), but I am fairly certain it shouldn't be a problem.

All in all, I just couldn't stand not being in a clan. I hope that my brief gaming-life story hasn't bored you and that I am qualified to become a member of the HunterKillerz, and await the leadership's review of my application.

--Infil

Infiltrator82

Back to top Go down

Re: Infiltrator82's Application

Post by OxyMoron on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:52 am

First off i would like to welcome you to our forums, and soon to our clan Cool

Your application reminded me much of myself in the games you played before this and your playstyle. I too love making tactical structures as long as they are within reason and not too large as well. I must inform you first off that i cannot give official word as to whether you are in the clan for sure or not, but i can tell you that you may expect to be and more then qualify as you seem mature and a good addition to any clan. The fact that you wrote up a 30 page manual shows me that your dedicated and not too lazy to put forth to something you enjoy which is great as we are always on the lookout to those who can contribute to our clan in any way possible. Now that your on the forum i would like to encourage you to stay as active as possible and feel free to post threads about any topic you think needs discussing. Our next step in clan evolution is to get a working clan chat up permanently rather then skype so we will be looking into getting a vent set up if you would like to help out with that. I would like to inform you that we have just opened up our clan server running Pyspades and we will be hosting our next event next Saturday. Make sure you send an email to our clan leader with a link to this thread and a small synopsis of what your doing. You can find his email in the application format sticky in this category. If you would like to play a few games tonight let me know.

Once again welcome to the forums, and have fun!
OxyMoron
Admin

http://hkcentral.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Infiltrator82 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:07 am

I will most definitely stay active, in the last few games I've played the forums were as important as the game itself - which was unfortunate in a respect.

I'll be sure to buzz of a mail to Mr. DeathEnhanced ASAP - as to playing later tonight, I'd love to but must refuse...I broke my arm pretty badly 6 weeks back and had several complications - gotta do some self-physical therapy tonight while watching MacGyver. Make fun of me if you wish but I love that show!! =)

Infiltrator82

Back to top Go down

Post by OxyMoron on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:14 am

Great, the Aos forums are pretty shitty to be honest. Too many young 4chan infused users to have a very good community. If you dislike the official forums i would encourage you to just stay on here where it will be monitored to keep a good atmosphere. As you can probably tell were in the early stages here, just got the forum up yesterday and were still trying to get all our users registered but soon it shall be flourishing. Good luck with your arm and i hope to see you in game soon.
OxyMoron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Infiltrator82 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:21 am

I'll see you ingame tomorrow, definitely.

Early stages are good! Its where the clan will develop its image - and if I get in I hope I'll contribute towards the Killer image. Also, you did a pretty good job setting up these forums, I'm sure it'll help attract more players

Infiltrator82

Back to top Go down

Post by OxyMoron on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:31 am

Alright man and thanks, we seem to be alot more organized then the other clans which are pretty much open doors which in turn attracts many unwanted people.
Oh, and just curious why are you Infiltrator82 if theres nobody else with the name taken?

Also, i fixed the link posting issue. It was set up so new users couldnt post links until 5 days after joining. I also added a quick reply box. If you have ANY other suggestions for the forum let me know!
OxyMoron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathEnhanced on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Hey there infiltrator!

Iv read and replied to your email! and your most definatly in. Your application was perfect, I could find no flaw in it.

DeathEnhanced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down