Hunter Killer Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliences, when are they gonna start?

4 posters

Go down

Alliences, when are they gonna start? Empty Alliences, when are they gonna start?

Post by Frosty Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:00 pm

I know that we haven't started them yet but when will we?
remember the saying:
United we stand, divided we fall.
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Alliences, when are they gonna start? Empty Re: Alliences, when are they gonna start?

Post by OxyMoron Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Im not too sure, DE doesnt seem too keen on allying with other clans and i cant really say a blame him. Two big clans ally and then have nobody to fight, see the issue?
OxyMoron
OxyMoron
Admin

https://hkcentral.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Alliences, when are they gonna start? Empty Re: Alliences, when are they gonna start?

Post by Frosty Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:02 pm

good point, perhaps we should try the smaller clans? or we could have clan rivalry?
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathEnhanced Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:25 pm

Reason 1) There is only 1 other clan worth allying with, komrades, but I wont, because I dislike them, they are a bunch of immature children.

Reason 2) Our clan is all about being independent and fighting against other clans.

Reason 3) what oxy said.

Hope that clears that up for you! xD.

DeathEnhanced

Back to top Go down

Post by OxyMoron Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Oh, and Frosty
Were having a clan match against the Komrades next saturday just to let you know
OxyMoron
OxyMoron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Infiltrator82 Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:39 am

If I might give my input, in games where there is a temporary, non-static environment (Skirmish based games such as AoS, Call of Duty, Battlefields, etc), alliances and wars are useless unless conducted in a certain way, such as territory control skirmishes, such as Faction Battles in Guild Wars. These involve multiple maps on which skirmishes occur, with the outcome of the battles "moving" the front. Allow me to elaborate:

Let's say the war is HK vs. Komrades (Kom, for short). The maps are sifting fronts on a line, with each extreme being the respective faction's home map. So, the maps would be turned into a "world," as an example:
HK's Map -- Pinpoint -- Normandy -- Frozen -- Kom's Map
Both clans get a full team together and, at a specified time, battle at Normandy, let's say its a Deathmatch, best of 3. HK wins the first two rounds, and is thus victorious. The "front" would move to Frozen, and the next skirmish would take place at Frozen, lets say CTF, one round. HK wins again, and the next map is Kom's map, CTF, best of 3. If HK wins, than they are victorious in the clan war. If HK loses, the front" is pushed back to Frozen. Make sense?

The clan's base map shouldn't be excessively biased as to make it unfair - i.e. a walled fortress surrounded by plains and nothing else. It should be slightly biased, but still balanced - more like a home field in sports, or fighting in one's backyard where one knows everything about the area.

In order for a clan war to be a true war in a skirmish based game, it usually goes something like this. Allies would come into play in that the match would be clan v. clan with allies taking the place of clan members if needed.

Hope I was clear enough, I'm not the best communicator sometimes...
--Infil

Infiltrator82

Back to top Go down

Post by OxyMoron Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:35 am

Infiltrator that is a very good idea for how clan matches should work, unfortunately aos hasnt implemented an easy way to have matches like that. It could be done though. I believe you misunderstood the topic though, he was inquiring about why we dont ally with other clans.

For some reason your post reminds me of Battlefields Rush mode.
OxyMoron
OxyMoron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Infiltrator82 Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Yeah that's what I mean when I say I'm not the best communicator, I was tryng to say that unless we have an actual purpose, militarily, for alliances, than there is not a real purpose for any kind of alliances. I just looked up Rush mode and I think they may be somewhat similar. It'd be nice if we could get a 128x128 map and do an explosive / rush CQC gamemode.

Infiltrator82

Back to top Go down

Post by OxyMoron Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:50 pm

That would be nice, one good thing about a game so early in development is that there is much that we still have to implement.
OxyMoron
OxyMoron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum